Based on my more than 20 years of experience as an organizational change strategist and executive coach, the following ten best practices will ease the pain of large-scale change and ensure successful implementation.
1. Conduct upfront assessment and planning
2. Ensure demonstrated leadership and sponsorship commitment
3. Involve and engage your key stakeholders during the planning process
4. Build an implementation team that includes representation from key stakeholders and influence leaders throughout your organization
5. Assess and monitor cultural impact
6. Provide training and development to those who will be impacted by the change
7. Provide honest and straightforward communication in a timely manner
8. Rework reward system to align with desired changes
9. Identify and plan for workforce transitions
10. Redesign and align the organization
For expert advice on leading organizational change in turbulent times, contact email@example.com for a complimentary consultation.